During the COVID-19 pause and now with the re-opening, our commitment to you, our patients, has remained constant: to provide for your safety and health.
Infection control has always been a top priority. When our patients receive care here at North Coast Dental Group, we continually strive to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for both patients and staff.
At North Coast Dental Group, our infection control procedures are designed to meet and exceed the most current recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities, constantly updated guidances, and announcements of these agencies.
You will see numerous physical and procedural changes at your next appointment. These changes are designed to protect both patients and staff. Some examples are as follows:
- Before appointments and at entry into the building, patients will be screened by phone and in person. Non contact forehead temperatures will be recorded.
- All staff is screened daily on entry for fever and COVID-19 symptoms.
- Automatic wall mounted hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed.
- Clear acrylic barriers have been installed for the reception/business area.
- New credit card terminals help provide a reduced contact checkout.
- Social distancing guides have been installed and the waiting rooms have been rearranged for reduced occupancy.
- Appointments times are managed to provide social distancing and time for deep cleaning between patients.
- The inside air is continuously purified and treated by the REME HALO ionized hydro peroxide system. This technology is used by the military, advanced hospital operating rooms, and NASA for the International Space Station.